Angiostrongylus Eosinophilic meningitis is a parasitic infection that can cause severe neurological damage and death. It is caused by angiostrongylus cantonensis, a parasite that‘s transmitted through infected rodents, but can also be transmitted through contaminated food or water. Symptoms of the infection include severe headache, fever, stiff neck, and nausea. If left untreated, the infection can lead to paralysis, coma, and death. Prevention of Angiostrongylus infection involves the practice of proper food and water safety precautions and avoiding contact with rodents.