Brugada syndrome is a potentially life-threatening condition that can cause sudden cardiac death. The condition is characterized by abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) on ECG and a predisposition to developing ventricular fibrillation, a particularly dangerous type of arrhythmia. People with Brugada syndrome often have no symptoms, making the condition difficult to diagnose. However, in some cases, people with the condition may experience episodes of palpitations, fatigue, and shortness of breath.
- "Robbins Basic Pathology" Elsevier (2017)
- "Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, Twentieth Edition (Vol.1 & Vol.2)" McGraw-Hill Education / Medical (2018)
- "Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine 8E" McGraw-Hill Education / Medical (2018)
- "Brugada syndrome: Diagnosis, risk stratification and management" Archives of Cardiovascular Diseases (2017)
- "Brugada Syndrome" Methodist DeBakey Cardiovascular Journal (2014)