Estrogen and progesterone are the Main sex female hormones produced by the ovaries during the reproductive period, and the placenta during pregnancy. Estrogen helps regulating female growth and development of the reproductive system, development of the endometrium, prevention of osteoporosis, and cardiovascular risk diseases in females.
- "Medical Physiology" Elsevier (2016)
- "Physiology" Elsevier (2017)
- "Human Anatomy & Physiology" Pearson (2018)
- "Principles of Anatomy and Physiology" Wiley (2014)
- "Biochemistry of aromatase: significance to female reproductive physiology" Cancer Res (1982)
- "Androgen production in women" Fertil Steril (2002)
- "Progesterone and Testosterone Hydroxylation by Cytochromes P450 2C19, 2C9, and 3A4 in Human Liver Microsomes" Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics (1997)