Paracetamol toxicity, also known as acetaminophen toxicity, is caused by excessive use or overdose of the analgesic drug paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen in North America. Paracetamol toxicity can lead to liver damage and, in severe cases, liver failure.
People with paracetamol toxicity present with nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and jaundice. Treatment may involve administering N-acetylcysteine within 8 hours of the ingestion. It can also involve hemodialysis and liver transplant in case of severe liver damage.