Omalizumab (trade name Xolair) is a humanized antibody originally designed to reduce sensitivity to inhaled or ingested allergens, especially in the control of moderate to severe allergic asthma, which does not respond to high doses of corticosteroids. It has been approved for treating adult and adolescent patients 12 years and older with severe or moderate to severe allergic asthma.
- "Katzung & Trevor's Pharmacology Examination and Board Review,12th Edition" McGraw-Hill Education / Medical (2018)
- "Rang and Dale's Pharmacology" Elsevier (2019)
- "Goodman and Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 13th Edition" McGraw-Hill Education / Medical (2017)
- "Update on Clinical Aspects of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease" New England Journal of Medicine (2019)
- "Triple therapy in COPD: new evidence with the extrafine fixed combination of beclomethasone dipropionate, formoterol fumarate, and glycopyrronium bromide" International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (2017)
- "Omalizumab for Severe Asthma: Beyond Allergic Asthma" BioMed Research International (2018)