Kaposi sarcoma is an angioproliferative disorder that requires infection with human herpes virus 8, also known as Kaposi sarcoma-associated herpes virus, for its development. It is classified into four types based upon the clinical circumstances in which it develops: classic, endemic, iatrogenic and AIDS-associated.
- "Robbins Basic Pathology" Elsevier (2017)
- "Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, Twentieth Edition (Vol.1 & Vol.2)" McGraw-Hill Education / Medical (2018)
- "Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine 8E" McGraw-Hill Education / Medical (2018)
- "Kaposi Sarcoma" Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine (2013)
- "Hemangioendothelioma" Seminars in Diagnostic Pathology (2013)
- "Angiosarcoma: clinical and imaging features from head to toe" The British Journal of Radiology (2017)