Warthin tumor, also known as papillary cystadenoma lymphomatosum, is a benign tumor that most commonly occurs in the parotid gland, a salivary gland located in the cheek. It is characterized by a cystic structure lined by tall columnar epithelium with lymphoid stroma, and typically presents as a slow-growing, painless mass. Treatment is generally surgical removal of the tumor, and the prognosis is excellent as the tumor is typically benign and does not tend to recur after removal.
- "Robbins Basic Pathology" Elsevier (2017)
- "Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, Twentieth Edition (Vol.1 & Vol.2)" McGraw-Hill Education / Medical (2018)
- "Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine 8E" McGraw-Hill Education / Medical (2018)
- "CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2020" McGraw-Hill Education / Medical (2019)
- "Benign Parotid Tumors" Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America (2016)