Abimbola Farinde, PhD, PharmD
Osmosis Faculty Reviewer
Abimbola Farinde (PhD, PharmD) is a clinical pharmacy specialist who has gained a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field and practice of psychopharmacology and mental health since graduating from pharmacy school. Dr. Farinde earned her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from Texas Southern University and went on to complete her post-graduate training as a generalist and specialist in psychopharmacology. She worked with active duty soldiers with dual diagnoses of a traumatic brain injury and a psychiatric disorder providing medication therapy management and disease state management. Dr. Farinde has also worked with mentally impaired and developmentally disabled individuals at a state supported living center. As an Osmosis Faculty Reviewer, Abimbola Farinde helps revise the pharmacology videos and prepare accompanying pharmacology notes. In her spare time she enjoys hiking, bike riding, and painting.
- Farinde, A. (2020). Mental health impact in the midst of the coronavirus. In Primary Care Network. https://www.primarycarenetwork.org/2020/05/07/mental-health-impact-in-the-midst-of-the-coronavirus/
- Farinde, A. (2020). Evaluating managers’ effectiveness. In American College of Apothecaries.
- Farinde, A., & Hebdon, M. (2019). Pharmacological considerations in gerontology. New York, NY: Springer Publishing.
- Farinde, A. (2018). Important tips for Alzheimer’s disease caregivers. In Brain & Life. https://www.brainandlife.org/the-magazine/online-exclusives/strong-voices-important-tips-for-alzheimers-disease-caregivers/
- Farinde, A. (2018). Will Trump’s plan slow down the opioid epidemic?. In MultiBriefs. http://exclusive.multibriefs.com/content/will-trumps-plan-slow-down-the-opioid-epidemic/pharmaceutical
- Farinde, A. (2018). Educating the public about biosimilars. In MultiBriefs. http://exclusive.multibriefs.com/content/educating-the-public-about-biosimilars/pharmaceutical
- Farinde, A. (2017). Biomarker test approval marks breakthrough in war on cancer. In MultiBriefs. http://exclusive.multibriefs.com/content/biomarker-test-approval-marks-breakthrough-in-war-on- cancer/medical-allied-healthcare
- Farinde, A. (2017). Prescription drug prices rose nearly 10% in 2016. In Healio. https://www.healio.com/news/primary-care/20170524/prescription-drug-prices-rose-nearly-10-in-2016
- Farinde, A. (2016). Calcium supplementation may raise dementia risk in older women. In Neurology Advisor. https://www.neurologyadvisor.com/topics/neurodegenerative-diseases/calcium-supplementation-may-raise-dementia-risk-in-older-women/
- Farinde, A. (2016). The issue of drug spending. Biochemical Compounds, 4. doi:10.7243/2052-9341-4-4
- Farinde, A. (2015). The interprofessional management of psychotropic medications in elderly dementia patients residing at an assisted living center. Journal of Interprofessional Education & Practice, 1(2), 58.
- Farinde, A. (2015). TOBI Podhaler for cystic fibrosis patients with Pseudomonas aeruginosa. The Nurse Practitioner, 40(7), 16-17. doi:10.1097/01.NPR.0000459736.07899.73