Maria Pfrommer, DNP, Ph.D., FNP-BC, RN
Director of Nursing Education
Dr. Maria Pfrommer is the Director of Nursing Education from Osmosis at Elsevier. Dr. Pfrommer conferred the Doctor of Nursing (DNP) from Duke University, a Ph.D. in Post-Secondary Education from Capella University and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) as a Family Nurse Practitioner from Thomas Jefferson University. Maria brings a wealth of experience in curriculum development, publishing, presenting, and teaching in healthcare. Maria has provided faculty and student development for Elsevier since 2005 on Evolve and has worked on various instructor and student projects as an SME with Elsevier including HESI, Sherpath, Test Banks, TEACH Lessons, case studies, and video scripts, Maria is a seasoned professor of nursing and academic administrator who as the director of NP and DNP online programs. Maria is from Moorestown, NJ and in her free time, Maria enjoys spending time with family at the jersey shore (Cape May, NJ), is in a bowling league, and is currently learning how to golf!
- Diepold, JH. Heart Assisted Therapy in Clinical Practice (expected 2022). Pfrommer, ME. Invited to author chapter on utilizing Heart Assisted Therapy for Self-Regulation in Clinical Practice.
Siegert EA, Diepold, JH., Pfrommer, ME. (2019, 2020). Medical Student Self Care. Presentation and workshop for first year Medical Students. Cooper Medical School at Rowan University.
Pfrommer, ME (2018). Adaptive Learning for RN-BSN students using SherPath©. Consultation and for curriculum development/course author for Elsevier, Inc. with Evolve©, an online learning management system.
Pfrommer, ME (2016). Instructor Resource Questions for the Concepts for Nursing Practice. A Concept Based Health Assessment Textbook (2016). Giddens, J. Elsevier, Inc.
- Pfrommer ME, McConnell ES, Diepold JH, Siegert EA, Thompson JA (2015) Heart Assisted Therapy-Self Regulation (HAT-SR) for Caregivers of Persons with Dementia. Gerontology Geriatric Res S4:005. doi:10.4172/2167-7182.S4-005. Retrieved from: http://www.omicsgroup.org/journals/heart-assistedtherapyselfregulation-hatsr-for-caregivers-of-personswith-dementia-2167-7182-S4-005.pdf
Pfrommer, M., Wombwell, M., Yoho, M., Diepold, J. Jr., Freeze, D., Phillips, L., Yu, B., (2015). Inspiring the Future of Healthcare by Teaching from the Heart. Volume 1: Nursing (iBook version, 2015).
- Retrieved from: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B59mMn69wbvdVlRUVkY1aHVMOGM/view?usp=sharing
Lauer-Pfrommer, M. (2015). Published: PowerPoints and Review Questions for Student and Instructor Evolve Resources for Understanding Nursing Research: Building an Evidence-Based Practice, 6th (2015) Burns, S., Grove, N., Gray, and J.
Lauer-Pfrommer, M. (2015). Published: Instructor Resource Questions for the Concepts for Nursing Practice (2015). Giddens, J. Elsevier, Inc.,
- Lauer-Pfrommer, M. (2015). Published: Student Review Questions. Physical Examination & Health Assessment 7th edition. (2015). Jarvis, C., Elsevier, Inc.
Lauer-Pfrommer, M. (2015). Content Expert Review on the following published materials: Issues and Trends for Nursing Leaders. (2015). Cherry, N., Elsevier, Inc.
Lauer-Pfrommer, M. (2015). Teaching in Nursing. 6th edition. (2015), Billings, D., Halstead, J. Elsevier, Inc.
- Lauer-Pfrommer, ME, Diepold, J., Jr., Wombwell, M., Yu, B., (2013). Teaching from the Heart. Heart Assisted Therapy ® (HAT) and Mindful Teaching. Faculty development presentation. Fall, 2013
- Lauer-Pfrommer, M., Yoho, M.J., (2013). Remediation methods that improved learning outcomes and NCLEX-RN © success. Presented at Sigma Theta Tau International. July 25, 2013. Retrieved from: http://www.nursinglibrary.org/vhl/bitstream/10755/303975/1/Yoho_RemediationMethods.pdf Lauer, M (2013). NURS551: Advanced Health Assessment. Course Author.
- Lauer, ME, (2013). Advance for Nurses. Health Risk Tools & Techniques: Providers benefit from having an empowered healthcare consumer. Retrieved from: http://nursing.advanceweb.com/ContinuingEducation/CE- Articles/Health-Risk-Tools-Techniques.aspx
Lauer, ME, Yoho, MJ. (2013). HESI Exams: Consequences and Remediation. J Prof Nurs. 2013 Mar-Apr; 29(2 Suppl 1): S22-7. Doi: 10.1016/j.profnurs.2013.01.001.Full Text: http://www.professionalnursing.org/article/S8755-7223 (13)00006-9/fulltext
Lauer-Pfrommer, M. (2012). Social Media for Professional Networking. Take steps to establish a positive web presence. Advanced for Nursing. Retrieved from http://nursing.advanceweb.com/ContinuingEducation/CE- Articles/Social-Media-for-Professional-Networking.aspx
Lauer-Pfrommer, M. (2012). NRS361: Nursing Informatics. Education Affiliates, Inc. Course Author.
- Lauer, M. (2012). Test bank for select chapters for Evolve Instructor Resource (EIR) for Giddens, J. (2012). Concepts in Nursing Practice. Elsevier. Mosby.
- Lauer, M. (2012). Case studies and review questions for Wilson, S., Giddens, J. (2012).: Health Assessment for Nursing Practice. Elsevier. Mosby.
- Lauer, M. (2012). Concept/exemplar maps for Wilson, S., Giddens, J. (2012).: Health Assessment for Nursing Practice. Elsevier. Mosby.
- Lauer, M. (2012). NCLEX-RN© Spotlights in eBook/ Pageburst© of Stanhope, Lancaster. (2010). Foundations of Nursing in the Community: Community-Oriented Practice, 3rd Edition. Mosby.
- Lauer, M. (2012). NCLEX-RN© Spotlights in eBook/ Pageburst© of Lehne. Pharmacology for Nursing Care, 8th Edition (2010.). W.B. Saunders Company.
- Lauer, M. (2012). NCLEX-RN© Spotlights in eBook/ Pageburst© of Stanhope, Marcia. Public Health Nursing, (2012). 8th Edition. Mosby.
- Lauer, M. (2012). NCLEX-RN© Spotlights in eBook/ Pageburst© of Lilley et. Pharmacology and the Nursing Process, 6th Edition (2011). Mosby.
- Lauer, M. (2011). Online vs. Onsite: What's Right for You? Webinar presentation for Advance Virtual Conference. October 12, 2011.
- Lauer, M. (2011). Online remediation utilization and program consequences effect on outcomes of Elsevier HESI(TM) Exit Exam (E2) scores. Capella University, 82 pages; ProQuest URL:
- http://proquest.umi.com/pqdlink? did=2396720861&Fmt=7&clientI d=79356&RQT=309&VName=PQD
- Lauer, M. (2011). Learners’ Special Needs and Considerations. In T. Bristol, J. Zerwekh (Ed.), E-Learning for Nurse Educators (pp. 181-194). F. A. Davis Company, Philadelphia, PA.
- Lauer, M. (2011). Instructors Manual for Jarvis, Carolyn Physical Examination and Health Assessment, sixth Edition, Philadelphia, PA. Elsevier.
- Lauer, M. (2011). Contributing author for Jarvis, Carolyn
- Laboratory Manual for Physical Exam and Health Assessment, Philadelphia, PA. Elsevier.
- Lauer, M. (2011). Content expert reviewer for Billings, D. M., & Halstead, J. A. Teaching in nursing: A guide for faculty (5th Ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders.
- Lauer, M. (2010) Use Technology’s Potential to Create a Universal Design for Learning. A presentation for the National League for Nursing Education Summit. Las Vegas, Nevada. Date: 9/30/2010
- Lauer, M., Riley, L., VanSant, J., Wombwell, M., (2010). Collaborative Approaches and Creative Solutions for Integrating Technology A Workshop for the National League for Nursing Education Summit. Las Vegas, Nevada. Date: 9/30/2010