Catherine Johnson, MA
Senior Director of Institutional Engagement
Catherine A. Johnson, (MA) earned her Master of Arts in Education with a focus on Educational Technology Leadership, along with a Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design, from The George Washington University. Catherine leads the Osmosis institutional engagement team and supports partner programs in teaching and learning with Osmosis, including consulting on best practices in course design, integration of e-learning resources, curricular alignment, and faculty development. Her personal mission is to build a healthier world and improve patient outcomes by delivering engaging, evidence-based medical-education solutions that meet the unique needs of today's learners. In her spare time, Catherine enjoys rowing crew, spending time outdoors, watching TV with her daughters, and (separately) snuggling with her dogs and cat.
- Johnson CA, Jenkins MR. Application of sex and gender health: A practical framework. In Jenkins MR, Newman CN,
- eds. How Sex and Gender Impact Clinical Practice: An Evidence-Based Guide to Patient Care. San Diego, CA:
- Academic Press/Elsevier, 2021.
- Slivkoff MD, Johnson C, Tackett S. First-year medical student experiences adjusting to the immediate aftermath
- of COVID-19. Med Sci Educ (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40670-021-01213-1
- Tackett S, Azzam A, Johnson CA. Foundations of Teaching and Learning in the Health Professions (CME course).
- Teachable.com, October 2020.
- Chu Y, Stevenson F, Burk-Rafel J, Krafts K, Johnson CA, Le T. Implementing and Evaluating a Modular, Flexible, and
- Customizable Medical School Curriculum [poster presentation]. Las Vegas, NV: Annual IAMSE Meeting, June 2018.
- Chu Y, Krafts K, Johnson CA, Le T. What Can LEGO Teach Us About Medical Education? Developing a Low-cost,
- Modular Curricular Platform [poster presentation]. Burlington, VT: Annual IAMSE Meeting, June 2017.
- Chu Y, Rothkopf L, Krafts K, Johnson CA, Le T. An Online New Educator Program Transforms Medical Students into
- Physician-educators [poster presentation]. Burlington, VT: Annual IAMSE Meeting, June 2017.